- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 60 ml Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Panch Phora
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 red Chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 3 pods of Garlic, crushed
- 1.5 kg Potatoes, Chopped
- 1 tsp cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Chopped Coriander leaves
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until almost tender; drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in small pan; cook panch phora, stirring, until fragrant.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli and cumin; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Heat half of the remaining ghee in a large pan. Add half the potatoes; stir gently for about 5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining ghee and potatoes.
- Return potatoes, with spice mixtures, salt, pepper and juice, to pan. Stir until just heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Tip: Smoke Mustard oil first before using for preparing vegetables etc.. by heating to a point till light white smoke emerges from it. This would remove the potency from the oil.