- 25 gms Butter
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic pods, chopped
- 1 tbsp Chopped, Thyme
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Rosemary, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 large Baking Potatoes, scrubbed
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and pre-boil them for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes, refresh under cold water and drain them again thoroughly.
- Transfer the potatoes to a chopping board. When the potatoes are cold enough to handle, cut them into thick wedges, but do not remove the skin.
- Heat the oil and butter in a small pan together with the garlic. Cook gently until the garlic begins to brown, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir the herbs and salt and pepper to taste into the mixture in the pan.
- Brush the herb mixture all over the potatoes.
- Barbecue (grill) the potatoes over hot coals for 10-15 minutes, brushing liberally with any of the remaining herb and butter mixture, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Transfer the barbecued garlic potatoes to a warm serving plate and serve as a starter or as a side dish.
Tip: Adding half a tsp of sodium bicarbonate in the milk while boiling will not spoil the milk even if you don't put it in the fridge.