- 1 kg Fish
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 5 cups Water
- 1 stalk Celery
- A piece of Ginger
- ½ tsp Soya sauce
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper powder
- Wash and clean the fish. Debone and skin the fish, keeping aside the bones, head and tail of the fish.
- Chop the onion, garlic and ginger finely. Wash and chop celery stalk finely.
- In a mixie, grind fish, half tsp of salt and half cup of water into a paste. Shape into 1-inch balls and keep aside.
- In a soup pot, heat water. Add the fish head, tail and centre bone. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from flame and strain the liquid.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add garlic and fry for 3 minutes until garlic is golden brown. Add celery, salt, pepper, soya sauce and fish balls. Lower the heat to medium and cook fry for 3 minutes.
- Add liquid and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Tip: To prevent splashing when frying fish, sprinkle a little salt in the pan before adding oil, ghee or butter.