- 6 Limes
- 750 ml Boiling Water
- 125 gms Castor Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Lime wedges and Mint leaves to decorate
- Halve the limes then squeeze the juice into a large jug.
- Put the squeezed lime halves into another heatproof jug with the sugar and boiling water and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Add the salt, give the infusion a good stir, then strain it into the jug holding the lime juice.
- Add half a dozen ice cubes in each glass and pour the limeade over.
- Add a lime wedge and a mint leaf to decorate.
Tip: As an alternative to block ice, prefreeze drinking water or juices in clean milk jugs. They’ll help keep foods cold and provide a handy source of cold beverages as they thaw.