- 125 ml Water
- 125 gms Sugar
- 250 ml Soda water
- Handful of Mint Sprigs
- 450 ml Grapefruit juice
- Mint sprigs, to decorate
- Juice of a 4 large Lemons
- Crushed Ice
- Put the sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan and stir over a low heat until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Crush the mint leaves and stir then into the syrup. Cover and leave to stand for about 12 hours, then strain into a jug.
- Add the lemon and grapefruit juices to the strained syrup and stir well. Fill 6 old-fashioned glasses or tumblers with crushed ice and pour the grapefruit into the glasses.
- Top up with the soda water and decorate with mint sprigs.
Tip: Dry Ice (frozen CO2 not very cold water ice) is fun to use sometimes, but don't use it with carbonated beverages.