- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsps Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 50 gms Onions, chopped
- 40 gms Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsps Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil, crackle cumin seeds
- Add ginger and garlic, and saute well.
- Add onions and cook further, add all the dry powder masala and cook over low heat.
- Add tomatoes and half cup of water and cook till done.
- Season with salt and fresh with lime juice and chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: To retain desired consistency of soup as it is cooking, place a double thickness of waxed paper underneath lid to contain any condensation which forms on liquid.