- 1½ tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Green Chillies, slit
- 5 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp East Indian Bottle masala
- 500 gms Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 800 gms Fenugreek leaves, chopped
- Salt according to taste
- Heat oil and crackle cumin seeds.
- Add green chillies and ginger paste and cook on low heat.
- Add dry masala and saute.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes and cook till the potatoes are half-done.
- Add fenugreek leaves and season with salt and finish with butter.
Tip: Potatoes rot quickly if stored near onions.To prevent potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes!