- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 350 gms Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Tomato Juice
- 1 Garlic Pod, crushed
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 150 ml Hot Vegetable Stock
- 400 gms Chopped Tomatoes
- 400 gms Red Kidney Beans, rinsed & drained
- Salt and Freshly Grated Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsely, chopped
- Wash the rice several times under cold running water. Drain and cook in a pan of simmering water for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir the chilli powder and flour into the onion and garlic mixture. Cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Add the kidney beans and hot vegetable stock. Cover and cook gently for 12 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season the chilli sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drain the rice and serve at once, with the chilli beans, sprinkled with a little chopped fresh parsley.
Tip: To separate every grain of rice and to give a flavour, add a spoonful of ghee when you put the rice to boil.