- 225 gms Potatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 1 Piece Gnger, crushed
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 4 Pods of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Dried Red Chillies, coarsely broken
- 2 Tomatoes, coarsely chopped, to garnish
- 225 gms Spinach, trimmed, washed and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes and cut into quarters. If using small new potatoes, leave them whole. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes until brown on all sides. Remove and put aside.
- Remove the excess oil leavng about 1 tbsp in the pan. Fry the ginger, garlic, onion, green chillie, dried chillies and cumin seeds until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the potatoes and salt and stir well. Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Add the spinach and stir well. Cook with the pan uncovered until the spinach is tender and all the excess fluids have evaporated.
- Garnish with the chopped tomatoes and serve hot.