- 75 gms Peas
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 450 gms Basmati Rice
- 2 black Cardamom pods
- 1 Pods of GGarlic, sliced
- 1 Medium Tomato, sliced
- ½ tsp Black Cumin Seeds
- 50 gms Button Mushrooms
- 750 ml Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash the rice at least twice and set aside in asieve (stimmer).
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and add the spices, garluc and salt.
- Add the sliced tomato and button mushrooms and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the rice and peas and gently stir around, making sure you do not break the rice.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes.
Tip: Before cooking, rinse the rice several times, until the water comes out clear. This removes any starch and residue, otherwise the rice may be sticky.