- 6 Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 2¾ cups Flour
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- 3 tsps Baking powder
- ¾ cup Champagne
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp White Wine
- 16 large Marshmallows
- 1 cup Flaked Coconut
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 4 cups Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Almond Essence
- 6 large Marshmallows
- 1½ tsps Vanilla Essence
- 2 drops Red Food Coloring
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Marshmallow Guee Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, and then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Marshmellow Guee Filling
- Over boiling water in double boiler, melt 16 marshmallows, butter and wine.
- Remove from heat and add coconut.
- Sift powdered sugar in top of double boiler. Add honey and water. Stir over boiling water until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt and almond flavoring.
- For pink champagne effect, add 2 or 3 drops red food coloring.
- Cool down the champagne cake cut in three layers pour the marshmallow filling in each layer.
- Keep frosting warm so it spreads evenly. With spoon, carefully pour fondant over top and sides of cake. Slice marshmallows into 4 rounds each, dip in fondant and place at random on top of cake.
- Serve it cold.
Tip: Prevent sharp edges on muffins, bar cookies or quick breads by greasing the muffin cups or pans only on the bottom and halfway up the sides so the batter is higher than the greaseline.