- 6 Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 2¾ cups Flour
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- 3 tsps Baking powder
- ¾ cup Champagne
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp White Wine
- 16 large Marshmallows
- 1 cup Flaked Coconut
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 4 cups Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Almond Essence
- 6 large Marshmallows
- 1½ tsps Vanilla Essence
- 2 drops Red Food Coloring
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Marshmallow Guee Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, and then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Marshmellow Guee Filling
- Over boiling water in double boiler, melt 16 marshmallows, butter and wine.
- Remove from heat and add coconut.
- Sift powdered sugar in top of double boiler. Add honey and water. Stir over boiling water until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt and almond flavoring.
- For pink champagne effect, add 2 or 3 drops red food coloring.
- Cool down the champagne cake cut in three layers pour the marshmallow filling in each layer.
- Keep frosting warm so it spreads evenly. With spoon, carefully pour fondant over top and sides of cake. Slice marshmallows into 4 rounds each, dip in fondant and place at random on top of cake.
- Serve it cold.
Tip: When filling and frosting a cake, place first layer(s) with bottom side up; place last layer with the top side up.