- Coffee Syrup
- 1/3 cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsps Coffee
- ¼ cup Brandy
- Cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsps Vanilla Essence
- 150 gms Sliced Sponge cake
- 1-½ cups Heavy Whipping cream
- 400 gms Mascarpone Cheese (can even use hung Curd)
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- Add coffee and brandy.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into softened mascarpone.
- Place a layer of the sponge cake slices in the bottom of a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with half the syrup.
- Spread with half the filling.
- Repeat with remaining sponge, syrup and filling, spreading the top smooth, using a metal spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
- Immediately before serving place cocoa in a fine strainer and shake a light coating on surface.
This recipe makes 8 to 10 servings.
Courtesy: Nik Bakers
Tip: Having trouble keeping your ice cream inside the cone? If you are constantly wiping up drips from the bottom of a sugar cone, simply pop a mini marshmallow in the bottom of the cone before adding the ice cream...no more drips!