- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- l litre Water
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 450 gms Basmati Rice
- 75 gms Unsalted Butter
- A few drops each of Yellow, Green and Red Food Colouring
- Wash the rice twice, drain and set aside in a sieve.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, and throw in the cloves, cardamoms, bay leaf and salt. Lower the heat and add the rice. Fry for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and bring to the boil. As soon as it has boiled, cover the pan and reduce the heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before you are ready to serve the rice, pour a few drops of each colouring at different sides of the pan. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, mix gently and serve.
Tip: Add more water while cooking in rice cooker. Rice needs more water in rice cooker compared to pressure cooker.