- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic pulp
- 1 tsp Ginger pulp
- 12 Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Clear Honey
- 6 tbsps Lemon juice
- 2 tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Soft Brown sugar
- Fresh Coriander springs
- 1 Green Chilli, Finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Prick the chicken thighs with a fork, rinse, pat dry and set aside in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the lemon juice, ginger, garlic, chilli powsder, salt, sugar and honey.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the spice mixture and coat well. Set aside for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Add the fresh coriander and chopped green chilli to the chicken thighs and place them on a flameproof dish.
- Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken and baste with the oil, using a pastry brush.
- Grill the chicken thighs under the preheated grill for 15-20 minutes, turning and basting occasionally, until cooked through and browned.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the fresh coriander springs.
Tip: If you want to avoid using colour in tandoori chicken, use lemon juice mixed with turmeric instead.