- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Corn Oil
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic pulp
- 1 tsp Ginger pulp
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 Black Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Natural Yogurt
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Black Cardamon pods
- ½ tsp Black Cumin seeds
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1½ kg Chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Wash and trim the chicken pieces, and set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large karahi or deep round-bottomed frying pan. Throw in the onions and fry until they are golden brown. Add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cardamoms, peppercorns, black cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder and salt. Lower the heat and stir- fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, 2 at a time, and stir-fry at least 9-10 minutes or until the spice mixture has completely penetrated the chicken pieces.
- Add the yogurt to the chicken and mix well.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan with a piece of foil, making sure that the foil does not touch the food. Cook very gently for about 15 minutes, checking once to make sure the food is not catching on the bottom of the pan.
- Finally, add the lemon juice, fresh coriander and green chillies, and serve at once.
Tip: To turn your chicken golden colour when you roast it, spread it with lemon juice all over before you introduce it in the oven.