For the pastry
- 200 gm Maida
- 100 gm Butter
- 6 tbsp Cold water
- ¼ cup Cream
- 1 tsp Gelatine
- ½ cup Mango pulp
- ¼ tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
For the Filling
- Cut cold butter into small pieces. Using palette knife rub butter into the maida.
- Sprinkle cold water over maida and using a palette knife combine into a ball.
- With minimum handling, roll into 1/8" thick pastry. Using a cutter cut out rounds 1/2" more in diameter than the tart case. Line the lightly greased tart cases with pastry and bake blind at 180° C for 10 - 15 mins.
- Allow to cool.
- Dissolve gelatine in ½ cup of water over a pan of hot water.
- Mix together the sweetened milk, mango pulp, cream and the dissolved gelatine. Save 2-3 tbsp cream for decorating the tarts.
- Fill the shells with the filling. Refrigerate for 30 mins. to set the filling.
- Decorate with mango pieces/cherries and cream.
Tip: Dust raisins, chocolate chips, candied or dried fruit, and nuts with some of flour specified in recipe before adding to batter to prevent shrinking.