- 1 cup Rice
- 5 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 15 piece Almonds (cut into equal size)
- 15 piece Cashew (cut into equal size)
- Mix together the rice, milk and condensed milk in a broad non-stick pan and simmer on a flame, stirring continuously, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and ghee and mix well till the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the milk has reduced in half. Keep stirring often. Cook till the milk has reduced and also the rice has cooked properly (not mushy). This process takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds, cashew, kishmish, pista, saffron strands, serve hot or cold .
Tip: Prevent dried fruit or nuts from sinking to the bottom of your batters by coating them lightly with flour first.