Sweet Corn, Cheese and Capsicum Filled Potatoes Recipe
- 4 Large sized Potatoes
- 6 tbsp Grated Cheese (Mozzarella)
- 1 finely chopped Capsicum (medium sized)
- 3 tbsp Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes or green Chilli (chopped)
- 4 tsp Oregano Mix
- 1 Onion large (chopped)
- Salt – as per need
- 2 tsp Butter
- Rub potatoes with oil and salt. Bake it a hot oven 200 degrees C/425 degrees F, until tender and the skins are crisp.
- Cut the potatoes (leave the skin on) into half and carefully scoop out the core without breaking the skin making small cups.
- Heat butter In a pan. Add oregano, and chilli flakes. Add onions and saute for a minute or till the onions are translucent. Add capsicum and saute for 1-2 mins. Add corn and saute for one minute. Add cheese, salt, Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the scooped potatoes and mix well till the potatoes are mashed.
- Cool the mixture a little. Fill the mixture in the potatoes and top them with grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven and bake the potatoes at 200 degrees for 5-10 minutes or till the cheese on top is slightly browned. It tastes best when eaten hot and a dash of tomato ketchup adds to it’s goodness.
Tip: Potatoes rot quickly if stored near onions.To prevent potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes!