- 4 Naan bread
- 3 tbsp natural (plain) low fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 fresh green chili, chopped
- 450 gm chicken, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil(optional)
- 8 onion rings
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 white cabbage
- Lemon wedges
- 2 small tomatoes, halved
- Mixed salad leaves
- Fresh coriander
- Cut into the middle of each naan to make a pocket and set aside.
- Mix together the next yogurt, garam masala, chilli powder, salt. lemon juice, fresh coriander, and chopped green chilli. Pour the marinade over the chicken piceces and leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the grill (broiler) to very hot, then lower the heat to medium. Place the chicken in a flameproof dish and grill for about 15-20 mins, until tender and cooked through, turning the chicken pieces at least twice. If wished, baste with the oil while cooking.
- Remove from the grill and fill each naan with chicken and then with the onion rings and tomatoes and cabbage. Serve with the garnish ingredients.
Tip: Roast diced onions, carrots, and celery in the pan right along with chicken. With the vegetables cooked down and flavored with the meat juices, you've the base for a wonderful gravy.