- 1 cup Besan
- 2 tbsp Sooji
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground Almond powder
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted Butter or Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 8 green Cardamoms (Elaichi)
- 1 tbsp Pistachios crushed for garnishing (Pista)
- Grease 8 inch plate and set aside.
- In a bowl mix besan and sooji, add about 3 tbsp of butter mix it well by rubbing with fingers. Mix will become grainy; Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Put rest of the butter in frying pan over medium heat; add besan mix and roast for about 10-15 minutes stirring continuously basen will lightly change the color and the ghee separates.
- Now add the elaichi powder then almonds later otherwise almonds will be over roasted.
- In a saucepan, boil the sugar and water together over medium heat until syrup is little less then 1 thread or 205 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Mix the syrup with flour mixture mix well and pore over greased plate.
- Sprinkle the sliced pista evenly over the top to garnish.
- Let Burfi cool it takes about 1 hour and cut into squares pieces.
If syrup is not right consistency Burfi can become very soft or very dry, in any case it is easy to fix.
If Burfi is too soft, add little more almond powder or coconut powder. May be make them in ladoo a ball shape little smaller then golf ball and roll them in almond or coconut powder.
If Burfi is very dry, sprinkle hot water as needed about 2-3 tablespoons over besan and mix it.
Tip: Having trouble keeping your ice cream inside the cone? If you are constantly wiping up drips from the bottom of a sugar cone, simply pop a mini marshmallow in the bottom of the cone before adding the ice cream...no more drips!