- 750 gms Chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp Sabut Zeera
- 1 tbsp Zeera Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tbsp Chicken Masala
- 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste Garnishing:
- 3 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsps Green Dhania (Coriander), finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies, finely chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil, when hot add the sabut zeera and stir for half a minute.
- Then add the zeera powder, coriander powder, chicken masala, salt , ajwain, pepper , chicken and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally till the chicken is done for another 10-15 mins.
- When the chicken is done, sprinkle the fresh coriander leave and green chilli (optional) onto the dish and serve with a nice hot naan and green mint chutney.
Tip: Grill chicken to remove excess fat and add flavour. Instead of sauteing in stews and braised dishes, grill to remove fat and save on clean-up.