- 4-5 medium Flatfish Fillets( Plaice, Sole or Flounder)
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- Line a flameproof dish or grill tray with foil. Rinse and pat dry the fish fillets and put them on the foil-lined dish or tray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, fresh coriander, oil and lemon juice.
- Using a pastry brush, apply the fish fillets evenly all over with the spice and lemon juice mixture.
- Preheat the grill to very hot, then lower the heat to medium. Grill the fillets for about 10 mins, basting occasionally, until they are cooked right through.
- Serve immediately with an attractive garnish, such as grated carrot, tomato quarters and lime slice, if wished.
Tip: To prevent splashing when frying fish, sprinkle a little salt in the pan before adding oil, ghee or butter.