- 12 Bread Slices
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup Spring Onions (including greens), finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 large Onion
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Powdered Cumin / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli power
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Mix all the ingredients except bread slices, tomato sauce and oil. Mix lightly with your finger tips. Add tomato sauce then blend again with finger tips. Set aside while you prepare the bread.
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices. Roll out each slice as thin as you can. Commercial bread will have tons of leaveners in it so you get to do this quite easily.
- Place about 1 tsp or so of filling on one end of the rolled out bread slice. Gently roll in from one end. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomatoo sauce, mint sauce or hot garlic sauce.
Tip: If bread tends to feel too dry or stale, brush with some milk, cover in a foil, warm in a preheated Oven for 5 minutes. It will be fresh and soft again