- 1 kg Khoya
- 200 ml Water
- 500 gm Sugar
- 500 gms Maida
- 3 tbsp Kishmish
- 200 gm sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup Coconut powder
- 6 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Ghee for deep frying
- 15 gm Cardamom powder
- Mix cooking oil with the maida.
- Using fingers, mix well so that the mixture takes the form of breadcrumbs and binds to a certain extent. Now add some water and knead lightly. Keep adding water as required and knead into a soft dough. Set aside for about 25-30 minutes.
- Put the khoya in a deep-frying pan and fry to a light brown colour. Add sugar into the khoya and mix well. Add thin strips of almonds, cardamom powder and kismish and cocunut powder. Fry for a few minutes and remove from the fire. Let it cool, roll out the kneaded dough into a chapati, thicker and smaller than a normal chapati.
- Fill half the chapati with the khoya mixture, fold the chapati and seal the round, twisting the edges inwards. Take care that the filling does not ooze out.
- Take a deep frying pan. Put ghee and allow it to heat till smoking point.
- Deep fry till golden brown. Fry on a slow fire. When done, take them out with a sieve type ladle, draining the oil completely.
Tip: Cover freezer trays with a sheet of plastic held in place with a large rubber band to avoid crystal formation in the icecream.