- 1.5 liter Milk
- 150 gms Sugar
- 3 tbsp Samai Rice
- ½ cup Mixed Dry Fruits(Almonds, Cashew nuts, Raisins)
- 8-10 sliced Pistachios and a few Rose Petals for garnish
- 1 tsp Elaichi powder
- 5-6 Kulhar (bowls)
- A Few Strands of Saffron
- Wash and soak the kulhad for 10 Mins.
- Wash the rice in fresh water until clean, soak in water. Soak the dry fruits in water. Bring the milk to a boil. Cook the milk till the milk thickens a little.
- Add the rice and cook on slow fire till the kheer thickens. Add the sugar and cook till it thickens stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the dry fruits, Saffron and elaichi powder and remove from fire.
- Remove to individual kulhads and allow to cool.
- Decorate with rose petals and sliced pistachios and serve.
Tip: Adding a cupful of grated carrot or beetroot to the coconut while making burfi will give you "natural" colouring and nutritional benefits.