- 4 cups Raw Cashew Nuts
- 2.5 cups Water
- 2.5 cups Sugar
- Silver foil
- To make cashew powder, pre heat an oven and keep the nuts in oven for 10 minutes to dry or dry roast the nuts in a kadai in low flame without decolouring the nuts.
- Grind the cashews to make a fine powder.
- Next prepare a sugar syrup by combining wate and sugar together in a pot and heating them.
- Stir continuously until it has a 2 thread consistency. Turn off the flame.
- Dissolve cashew powder in the syrup. Make the solution thick.
- Spread the solution on a greased plate and put silver foil on it.
- Allow to cool and then cut it into pieces. Kaju Burfi is ready.
Tip: Adding a cupful of grated carrot or beetroot to the coconut while making burfi will give you "natural" colouring and nutritional benefits.