- 1.5 cup Kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour)
- ¼ cup finely cut Coriander leaves
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper powder
- Oil for frying
- 2 Green Chillis
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 5 medium Potatoes
- ½ tsp Sendha Namak (rock salt) or to taste
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash them well. In a large bowl add the buckwheat flour and mix in the boiled mashed potatoes.
- Roast peanuts in a small pan till crisp and browned, remove and keep aside.
- Combine the flour, rock salt, chopped green chilli, pepper and coriander in round dish and mix well. Mix in water and make a smooth batter.
- Heat up enough ghee or oil for deep-frying in a kadhai or wok over moderate heat.
- shape small balls from your hands or with a help of a 1 tablespoon, drop the batter in hot oil.
- Fry till the pakoras are golden and crisp.
- Drain the kuttu pakoras on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- Serve kuttu pakoras hot with phalahari chutney or homemade tomato sauce.
Tip: Onions will turn out crispier if soaked in milk for a little while before frying.