- 4 cups grated Bottle Gourd (lauki/ghia)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Desi Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tbsp Kishmish (raisins)
- 1 tsp Magaz (Melon Seeds)
- Dry fruits for garnishing.
- In a heavy bottom pan, bring the grated bottle gourd and milk to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook till almost done. Add the sugar and the ghee and cook further till the ghee leaves the side of the pan.
- While cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the kishmish and Maga and mix well.
- Can be served hot and cold.
- Garnish with Dry fruits.
Tip: Always chill glasses before preparing the icecream in it. This way it will stay stiff longer.