- 250 gms Paneer, cubed or diced
- 2 tbsp Cashew Paste
- 2 Large Onion paste
- 5 Medium Size Tomatoes, pureed
- 2 Green Chilli Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala or Tandoori Masala
- Ĺ tsp Deghi Mirch or Kashmiri Mirch Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 cups Water
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Salt and Sugar as required
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add bay leaf and fry for some 10-15 seconds or till the oil become fragrant.
- Add ginger-garlic, onion paste and fry till the color change.
- Add the tomato puree and stir well. Add red chili powder after 2-3 mins and stir again. Saute till the oil starts to leave the sides of the tomato paste.
- Add cashew paste and stir well. Saute the cashew paste till the oil begins to leave the sides of the masala paste. Add water and stir. Simmer on a low flame. add green chilies paste, salt and sugar and simmer till the curry begins to thicken.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook them for 2-3 minutes till they become soft. Donít cook for a long time as the paneer will become dense.
- Lastly add crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves & garam masala. stir gently.
- Garnish paneer butter masala with coriander leaves.
- Serve paneer butter masala hot with plain naan, garlic naan, rotis or steamed basmati or jeera rice.
Tip: To Prevent a clogged salt salt shaker keep 5-10 grains of rice inside the shaker.